A Meditation With Nature
The benefits of mediation are enormous and can greatly enhance your physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual health. Meditation is simply the process of stilling the mind so that all wants, needs, and desires disappear and then either allowing the Universe to enter and heal or following a guided process to reach for a certain type of energetic healing.
I developed this particular meditation for myself to bring in the first year of this new millennium. It was such a rich experience for me and I hope it brings you some of the energetic surprises that came to me on 01 January 2000, the first time I conducted this meditation.
The Best Location For This Meditation:
This meditation needs to be performed outside where you are physically present with Mother Earth and the Universe that surrounds her. Find a quiet place outside, where you are away from other people, traffic noises, and alone with the beautiful sounds of nature. There are many such places in the country, and even in large cities, that have a sense of peace and quiet. Go to one of these places for this meditation.
Grounding Yourself Before You Begin:
Grounding is simply a word that describes the strengthening of your connection with earth. It is an exercise that should be performed each morning as well as before meditation. The process of grounding helps you to remain anchored in this dimension as you move through other dimensions in this meditation. It also tends to strengthen your root chakra, thus strengthening you physically.
To ground yourself, close your eyes, breathe gently and deeply. Imagine that there is a strong energy that flows up and down your spine, and then down through both legs. Stay with this energy as it moves up and down your spine and legs - it's a powerful energy. Then imagine that this energy lengthens so that it continues to run up and down your spine and legs, but at the same time that it runs deeply into the ground, and by deeply I mean for miles and miles into the earth. Stay with this energy as it flows through your spine and legs and lengthens into the earth. After a few minutes you should be well grounded to begin this meditation.
The Benefits of This Meditation:
You will find that the connections you have developed with Mother Earth, the Universe, and the Mother Earth Goddess will give you many benefits. The following are just a few major examples:
- you will feel connected rather than lonely or longing for something;
- your sense of self-worth will be stronger;
- you will strengthen your sense of feeling wanted, needed and loved;
- your sense of belonging will be stronger;
- you will feel physically stronger, more courageous and peaceful;
- some of those nameless fears can dissipate;
- your ability to love will be stronger;
- you will feel more deeply connected with your body, emotions, thoughts, and your inner self;
- you will be healthier;
- you will feel more rested and renewed;
- your ability to release pain will be enhanced;
- if you felt fragmented when you began you will feel more integrated with yourself.
- This mediation will connect you more deeply with the healing energies of Mother Earth and - the entire Universal Energy. What a special way to start the New Year, more deeply connected and loving with yourself and others.
By Mary Kurus - www.mkprojects.com